WHAT IS PILATES?
Pilates “develops the body uniformly, corrects wrong postures, restores physical vitality, invigorates the mind, and revives the spirit” (Joseph Pilates).
Pilates is a method of exercise and physical movement that is suitable for people of all ages & abilities, and is designed to strengthen, stretch and balance the body.
There are many benefits of doing Pilates, including:
- Improved core strength
- Improved posture
- Relief of pain, including back & neck pain
- Rehabilitation and recovery from, & prevention of, injuries or conditions (acute & chronic)
- Decreased stiffness & improved flexibility
- Improved alignment of the body
- Improved muscle tone and strength
- Improved breathing quality & control
- Improved balance
- Prenatal conditioning & postnatal recovery
- The ability to translate over to other activities, exercise or sport, resulting in improved performance
- A full body workout!